28 April 2012

Thoughts on Recycling

There is a tremendous amount of waste going on and, in general, Utahns have views that are very...how do I put this? Non-green. I've noticed that people who move here from other states often have a hard time with 1. How little we recycle and 2. How inaccessible recycling is.

How can we change this?

Somehow we need to make recycling a habit for our children. It needs to become part of our culture. I grew up in a home that always recycled our aluminum cans and now I have a very hard time just throwing them in the regular garbage. I can only imagine how hard it is for out-of-state folks who are used to recycling most everything! If recycling becomes more accessible and we put forth the effort to do it, it can become part of Utah's culture too.

No comments:

Post a Comment