04 October 2004

Dad gets cut

I was at the computer (but where else?) when my dad walked in and said: "Ok, I'm going to the hospital right now".  It scared me because he is so not like that. Usually he needs the hospital, but no matter what my mom does, he refuses to go.  Well, I guess he can tell when it's serious.  He was using the skill saw to cut wood.  It was his last piece and out of carelessness he cut through the wood and then halfway through his thigh.  You see, he was standing, holding the wood with his left hand, and had the skill saw (in case you don't know, a skill saw is a hand held electric saw, that has a round blade and spins really fast.) in his right.  He cut through the wood and then tripped or something, but mainly it was carelessness and he hit his leg.  I don't know.  Right now he is at the hospital and has been for about an hour.  I saw his cut right before he left (I happened to walk into the room while he was showing it, I really didn't want to though) and it looked nearly bone deep and was probably a foot long, if not close to it.  More updates when he calls or gets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment