21 December 2005

Opening Night (Thursday, 1 Dec.)

Yesterday (Wednesday) was the comp night dress rehersal. My grandparents and my mother and sister came. Yup, it was nervousing.

Anyway, on Thursday it was opening night. Our show was kind of screwed up. I finally got a poulterer basket and Beth got a pot and Mark got a rolling pin so when we are cooks people will at least know who we are. The first act was pretty good but the second act was a train wreck. It was really weird because Christmas together, which is usually really crappy, was very good. It was the best that it's ever been. Dancing on your grave was awful though. I got Dan's cape thingy (he had to get a special one that's like a foot longer than everyone else's because he is so tall). At the beginning of the second verse, we kinda started singing and then no one knew it so we didn't even sing anything for a few stanzas. Also, everyone forgot to circle around the stage and taunt Scrooge--except for me. I started walking and got to about the center of the stage when I realized I couldn't go any further because everyone else was in the way because they had not gone. And my cape was dragging and getting caught on everything. To get back to my spot, I had to get my cape across a coffin. It was pretty difficult. So because everyone else screwed up, I was the one who looked like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment