12 March 2006

The King & I Callbacks, Tubing, and Janessa Getting Hit with a Shoulder Rest (Sat. 25 Feb)

Today I went to callbacks for The King and I at 4 PM.  It was pretty awesome because I didn't have to sing.  I went upstairs with a group of girls with the coreographer (sp?) and we learned a dance and then we performed it on the stage.  It was super awesome because they told us that we all made it before we left.  All that they needed to see was that we could dance together.
At 6:45, Janessa and I went to the church.  We waited for everyone to gather and then we left.  We drove to Soldier Hollow to go tubing.

Yesterday Janessa was in orchestra
and the teacher has no control.  These boys throw their shoulder rests and try to make them in the lockers from across the room and the only thing that the teacher told them was that "if you break a shoulder rest, you'll have to pay for it."  So this one kid named Jeffrey aimed really badly and hit Janessa in the head and Mom had to pick her up.  She got taken to the doctor and got two staples in her head.
So, when we arrived at Soldier Hollow, Janessa didn't really want to go down the hill with me.  So we sat in the lodge and talked, played Spitt, did journals, and talked to Sister Bell.  I was going to go down with the leaders when Janessa decided to come.  We went down the hill twice.

Soon after the rope tow closed and so we got a ride back to the church and back to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment