24 January 2014

Thoughts on Debt

Today I paid off every last bit of my formal student loans and it feels AMAZING!

I have a learned a lot about debt throughout my time as a student. When I first considered attending an expensive private school to get my nursing degree, one of the main factors I had to weigh in was the fact that I would accumulate debt. I know getting an education is a reasonable cause to take on debt but at the same time I knew how much of problem debt can be if it isn't handled right, even when accumulated for valid reasons. It was scary but now looking back, it was definitely worth it!

I've always heard about how debt can make you a slave. I only understood this somewhat and really only considered this to be true if you got too deep in where you couldn't handle all of your debt. Although I can't say I really became a "slave" per say to my loans, they did influence some of my life decisions. And now that they're paid off, I no longer have to consider them in my life plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment