06 September 2005

Ward boundries re-aligned

Two Sundays ago they announced in our sacrament meeting that a plan had been approved to re-align the ward boundries within our stake. They hadn't warned us about this before and it was a complete surprise. They wouldn't tell us about the new boundries, they wanted us to go to a meeting later that evening.

Curiosity got the better of me and I went to the meeting with Janessa. I am now in the Peak 3rd Ward. The stake is the same except a few people from the Bonneville stake were added, except they changed the name of our stake.

Our first meeting with our new wards was just this last Sunday. There's a lot of people that bug me in our ward but also a lot of really cool people that I am so glad are in my ward. I'm going to try to get to know the people that bug me better... It was weird because instead of two young men passing the sacrament with lots of older men, there were actually enough young men to have all young men pass the sacrament. I also go really annoyed because there we lots of screaming kids... GRRR, they are so annoying!

So far I'm ok with the change. I can do this, it will work. I think it will be better to have more families and actually have some youth. I really really miss lots of people in my old ward though. :( We have twelve young women now instead of five. I probably know most of them but I haven't really met them all yet so I'm not sure who they are. It's going to be annoying though because two of Clint's best friends are in our ward. One is not so bad, the other is completely dissrespectful and completely annoying. Maybe Clint will go to church more, but it most likely won't be for the right reason. Hopefully he gets some good teachers that keep him in line and will maybe show him what the purpose of church is.

No comments:

Post a Comment