27 April 2005

The Story of the Toast

This morning I was planning on eating cereal, but any kind that I wanted was gone so I actually had to cook something--toast.  Which does take a lot longer than mixing up a bowl of cereal.
     Anyway, I really didn't have time to finish my second slice so I left thinking maybe I could still make the bus and have time to eat my toast along the way.  Well, when I came out of my house, the bus was coming up my street.  (Luckily the Wednesday driver turns and goes by my house, instead of straight.)  So I ran back up my walk, and just set the piece of toast on the front porch.  I ran on the side of the road and flagged the bus driver and he stopped and let me on.  Tee hee, that was convinient.  :)
     Throughout the day I wondered what my parents would think of the mystery of the toast.  My dad had known that I hadn't had time to eat it, because I offered it to him. 
     When I got home I asked my parents what had happened to it because it wasn't on the porch any longer.  My dad said that when he was watching TV, he heard birds squaking outside his window.  When he looked, it was seagulls devouring my toast.  Hey, it didn't go to waste at least! 
     Yup, and that's my story of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment