08 April 2005

Vacation, Day V

Today (Wednesday) I woke up and had continental breakfast and then went back up to the room.  No one really felt like packing so we just paid for another night in the room.  We gathered a few things and then took off to see the plaza or whatever downtown Santa Fe is called. 
     We found a parking lot (pay of course) and parked.  We walked across the street to a post office and finally mailed my letter to Kasie.  It was $5.60 because I have so much junk in there...
     After that we walked to the downtown area and looked at some Indian Jewelry and saw all the really old buildings.  We went in a cathedral that was about 120 years old with AWESOME stained glass.  There was a sign that said no flash photography so I went outside to check if the setting was correct so the camera wouldn't flash.  It was--when outside in the light... So I went in and took a picture of the beautiful stained glass that was in the round window.  (It look exactly (at least to me) like the round window in the Cathedral de Paris.)  It of course flashed.  No one came after us or anything but we just left.  I got the main thing I wanted to take a picture of anyway.
     After that our whole family walked to some other churches and cathedrals that were all much older.  We didn't go in any because you had to pay to get in.  $2.50 may not seem like a lot, but it is when you have a family of six.  Things that you pay to tour never really pay off I've learned. 
     After a bit we came to the oldest house in the US, supposedly (sp).  Here they only charged for adults so $2 wasn't bad.  There were only two rooms to look at, and everything basically had been re-done with cement.  The celing looked really old though so hopefully it was authentic.  There were some cool artifacts from the era to look at and I took a few pictures.  There was a cat in the house named Melanie I think, very cute! I of course took pictures...:D
     After the house we walked around some more and headed back to the car.  We drove to this one part of town that was supposedly where all the artists live and very beautiful.  It was a cool drive I guess but not extremely scenic.  We did find this lodge called: "The Bishop's Lodge".  That was totally a Les Mis reference (even if they didn't intend it) so I made my dad drive through it.  So awesome!
     After driving around that area we drove to an Albertson's to buy sandwich making supplies.  This Alberson's has to be the most fancy Alberson's I've ever been to.  There were tons of variety of everything and lots of fancy decorations.  Oh yeah, and two isles of wines and other alcoholic beverages.  You don't see that in Utah. :D
     After Albertson's we drove back to our hotel and ate our sandwiches and watched TV.  For the rest of the day I basically laid on my bed because I was so burnt out and did random stuff that enabled me to just lay on my bed all day.
     In the evening I watched "The Simple Life" and the results show of "American Idol".  After that I watched "Casa 2 News" (Local Fox News for New Mexico.)  After that I can't remember what I did but it wasn't long before I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment