10 April 2005

Vacation, Day VIII (Home!)

Today (Saturday) I woke up and had continental breakfast and then laid on my bed probably writing in my journal or doing random stuff. We packed up and left.
     We stopped for gas by our hotel and then drove and didn't stop until we were home. 
     While we were driving I found a dime in my water.  So weird and random! No one new how it had gotten there.  It explained why my water tasted weird.  Once back in Utah we drove through a storm that had just visited Utah and was now headed East to Colorado.  Very cool because that night on the news I saw the weather man talking about the storm moving to Colorado and I had witnessed it.  It was cool to see and helped with my understanding of weather.  Plus we got through the worst of the storm very quickly. :)  Once we got in to the canyon (Spanish Fork Canyon?) we saw a snow plow coming back down out of the canyon.  This was a given that there would be snow.  Once furthur up, sure enough, there was snow!  The snow was very recent which also showed the storms path. :)  We saw the frozen waterfall on the cliff again.
     Just a few hours later we were parked infront of our house (well, near it...someone took our spot).  Just as we were jumping out of the car Brownie came running up, purring and everything. :) So cute.  We checked the mail and messages on the machine and there was one from Jackie, the lady I used to babysit for.  It went something like this: "Your cat is over her and he's meowing really bad!"  I'm pretty sure that would have been Brownie, he probably got out of the window we left open in our room and then didn't figure out how to get in for quite awhile.  He felt as if he'd lost weight.  But anyway, it was really funny because of course Brownie was OK and it was so like him.  :D Finally I saw that my dad had unlocked the gate to the back yard so I headed out to my room to look for Sanno.  I took two steps out the door and Janessa had him and gave him to me.  I could tell Sanno was pissed to have an end to his vacation.  While we were gone he had ample food and water, free range access to our rooms and his favorite beds, and no one to disturb his naps.  (It's all good though because the next day I hugged Sanno and he couldn't stop purring. He did miss me :D) I made reservations for Les Mis, went on the internet, watched the news and The Simpsons, and then pretty much fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment